The Procurement Engineer investigates the market with specifications and performance requirements for various types of Raw Materials, Mechanical Parts, Tools, and Products, analyses technical and commercial data, recommending those most desirable using tools like bid comparison tables/ BOQs. On approval, the Procurement Engineer issues the Purchase Order, tracks, and expedites the supply, handles Inspections and delivery to site. The Procurement Engineer shall be responsible in providing procurement and administrative support to the Procurement Department, to provide a strategic, efficient, and flexible procurement service which will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings and best quality of service.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Identification of all requirements in requisition for purchase based on BOQ/BOM issued by Design Department.
- Responsible to source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and oversea vendors.
- Maintain the BOQ with updates from suppliers until after awarding the contract.
- Prepare schedule of comparison.
- Evaluate vendor’s quotation to ensure that they are in line with the technical and commercial specifications required for the project.
- Advise internal and external on issues regarding purchasing Terms & Conditions.
- In charge of daily operational purchasing needs such as planning, issuing, and following up on Purchase Orders delivery and shipment schedules.
- Resolve supply, quality, service, and invoicing issues with vendors.
- Assist, communicate, and maintain relationship with external 3rd Party Quality Control companies to ensure items ordered from vendor meets internationally recognized Standards (ISO/ASTM/MIL STD etc.).
- Evaluate supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation.
- Responsible for implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and short lead time requirements.
- Assist Tendering and Costing Department as required.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Report Writing
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Words is essential)
- Excellent Written and Oral in English is a must , Arabic Proficiency is advantageous
- Valid Driving License
- Integrity & Confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Multi-tasking and focus under pressure.
- Self-starter, Enthusiastic and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills and networking
- Conflict Management
- Problem solving and Decision
Job Location : Riyadh
- Should have more than 5 years’ experience in Procurement works.
- Should have transferable Iqama
- Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com