Employment: Full Time
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Estimation Engineer for our projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Study the scope of work & tender document and prepare the tender review sheet then prepare/review the basic design, create the estimation BOQ and link it with client BOQ.
• Arranging for and attending site visits. prepare detailed visit report and attending clarification meetings with client.
• Prepare & Send out RFQ for (materials, vendors & subcontractors), follow-up, prepare technical evaluation sheet, send & acquire responses and compliance sheets to prepare quotation comparison sheet Advise the best quotation on the basis of the technical proposals submitted, compliance to scope of work and delivery period of long lead items.
• Study the tender drawings/bulletins/clarification responses from client and reflect the same to suppliers/vendors/subcontractors to get the offers as per final & revised information from client.
• Review client’s responses, terms & conditions and suppliers/ subcontractors offers then prepare the qualifications/ exceptions/ deviations and other issues which could affect the prices or project duration.
• Prepare the tender cost estimation, such as man-hour estimates, materials, construction equipment. .. etc considering the location and duration of the project.
• Calculate the direct cost for each item by analyzing the item to its basics (Material, Equipment & Manpower) all conforming with the project specifications & ensure pricing inputs are supported by adequate Basis of Estimate and Bill of Quantities.
• Calculate/assist in the calculation of other costs (Engineering, supervision, management, site & camp facilities, transportation, clearance, taxes, insurances, permits, license … etc).
• Participate in Cost Variance analysis and invoices.
• Participate in the preparation of the tender schedule, manpower histogram I S-Curve, equipment schedule, organization chart with accompanying CVs of proposed qualified personnel.
• Participate and coordinate with estimation team to updates tender Register which shall include tender internal ref, title, closing date, bond, submitted value, validity, technical and commercial clarifications if any, award status, etc.
• Prepare Project Execution Plan/Method statements by providing draft proposal data to milestone and participate in milestone schedule preparation.
• After sending technical or/and commercial and during the course of technical and commercial evaluation by the Client, prepare the reply to the clarification requests issued by the Client regarding the submitted tender and attend post clarification meeting.
Qualification & Experience:
• The candidate must hold a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• The candidate should have 10 – 15 years of relevant experience in a similar organization out of which 5 years should be in a similar position.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org